Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's a Different Country, Eh? (Part II)

(Mostly crochet content!)

While roaming the halls at Yaohan Centre in Richmond, B.C. I was delighted to find (gasp) a CRAFT STORE!

Look what was in the window! JOY!
Amigurumi samples Amigurumi samples

Of course, THIS was there, too...
Titanic cross stitch

To my dismay, the shop was closed; however, by the time we came out of the shop across the hall, the store had opened. With 40% off yarn racks in front, no less! The shopkeeper was less than thrilled with the idea of picture-taking, but I convinced her to let me take a few. These yarns are almost all Japanese and Italian. Most I'd never seen before. Most were over $12/Cdn a skein! I apologize for the blurries:
Yarn! Blurry Yarn!

Of course I was already on cloud nine, but LOOK what I found, Amigurumi sisters!
Amigurumi Amigurumi goodness More Amigurumi goodness Still More Amigurumi goodness
This, of course, I purchased, and there were several more books there, which the shop keeper strictly forbade me from photographing. Each were $25 - 40 Cdn, and I definitely recognized at least two of them. I haven't made anything from them yet, but I can't wait!

Of course I couldn't leave without buying SOME yarn:
Yummy Yarn

And, I found this neat little paper Hello Kitty kit for Rebecca's birthday:
Hello, Paper Kitty!

While on the subject of Amigurumi, check out these cool Pooh characters I found at a neighboring store:
Pooh Piglet/Eeyore

Oh - I almost forgot! I found some more of my own Engrish.
Milk Sand Biscuits
"This is milky and crispy biscuit with delicious strawberry milk cream..."

5 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm going to New Hampshire tomorrow maybe I'll "get lucky" Oh thats my favorite line, Dirty Harry: "do you feel lucky PUNK, well do ya?" Yes please!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger StarKnits said...

i'm so jealous of you! that book is great i'd love to get my hands on one like it....maybe i'll find a store like that...

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Love the Ornaghi that you bought! I just sawthat company here in Brussels for the first time a few weeks ago! Hmmm...with those prices are you sure you were not shopping for yarn in Europe?? :)

Can not wait to see what you make from your new Amigurumi book! Very cool!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger emy said...

What a lovely window display!
Now, if only I could make as many toys to dress up my shelves at home!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Maria said...

celeste, I love all of the great work you've done with your amugurumi. I love the book you bought in BC, I see there is a boston terrier on the cover, would it be possible for you to post the picture of the whole dog, just so I can see how they made the body, I don't want you to post the pattern, I wouldn't ask that, just the picture so I could see it. Thanks for the inspiration!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home