Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Happy Birthday, Lisa!


Lisa's birthday bag
Lisa's birthday bag
Black Brownie Tower
I made a bag for my lovely red-headed friend, Lisa, modeled here by a not-so-willing Adler (please don't show my face, mom!)

The bag has no formal "pattern" - I just worked from handles down and stopped at two skeins. I used Cascade Yarns Prisma and a mostly matching silk ribbon. The bag is lined, albeit poorly (If you've read this blog you know how I hate to sew!) AND I got to use one of my "Made by..." labels. My second! Finally, I made a coordinating pouch to go with the bag.

Lisa's favorite dessert is brownies, so rather than a birthday cake, I made a birthday brownie tower! Yum!

Here is Lisa with her bag. She likes the bag, but not her hair, so don't look at it!

Lisa and bag

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Sara said...

The purse is really nice looking!

BTW: love your faves from Engrish! Coolpis...ah!! Refreshing!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Cool purse!!!! (brownies look pretty good, too);-)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger carrie said...

your bag looks totally professional. (and i don't think there's anything wrong with your friend's hair, either!)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Really nice purse.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Publisher said...

I was searching the web and found your entry Happy Birthday, Lisa! I really like your site and found it worth time reading through the post. I am looking to publish a comprehensive site ranges many types of historical needlework. All those interested in this area will find this article of interest as it is written from many perspective. Please feel free to take a look at my blog at custom embroidery shirt t and add any thing your want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home