Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ask and Ye Shall Receive...

On Monday I mentioned I was going to try to do a Darth Vader helmet for Monkey, Adler's most loved possession.

I did.

Following are some WIP (work in progress) photos:
Darth WIP Darth WIP Darth side Darth back
I made the helmet using crochet nylon and the lens from a pair of Sophie's old sunglasses. The helmet is in two parts, helmet and face mask. The face mask is attached to the helmet at the top only and has a band around the bottom that buttons in the back. Once buttoned, the helmet just falls down over the mask. The "grill" and raised "moulding" were done separately and sewn in.

Here are some photos of the finished work:
Darth done! Darth Monkey

And of course the boy is quite pleased (cue scary breathing):

Happy Geek Child Darth Dudes

As you can see the ending transformation is truly frightening. Despite the fact that the helmet was custom made for Monkey, we decided to test the Darth effect on some of Monkey's friends - it's a good thing I made 4 buttonholes on that strap!

Darth Red Monkey and Donkey Kong - MENACING!:


Darth Hippo and Darth Lion - HORRIFIC!:


Darth Groovy Girls - WRONG!:
(gotta love the pigtails!)

Darth Kitty - FUZZY YET FEROCIOUS!:


Darth Bears - CUTE, CUDDLY, COWER BEFORE THEM!:


Darth Elmo - EERIE! (Do you think his scary breathing is high pitched?):


And for all you geeks out there - Darth LEIA (there IS another)!

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I love it! You know, you might want to check out the Amigurumi-Along - I think you might like it! (and I'm not just saying that because I'm doing it. :)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You rock Celeste! Too funny!!!!!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger sara said...

Oh I love the Darth Elmo!!! Thanks for the laugh!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home