Saturday, June 18, 2005

Frangipani's Ribbon Hat

Crochetville villager Frangipani created a pattern for this lovely Ribbon Hat, which I made for Kelly.

After a struggle to find the right yarn, Kelly brought me some she found at The Fiber Gallery. It's Muench's Oceana, which is a multi-color viscose/nylon blend with little cotton flags.
Oceana Yarn
I loved working with this yarn! It's light and has a really nice feel. I think it would have been a cool hat, too, if I hadn't paired it with Paton's Divine MOHAIR blend! Well, it was the only orange I had...


I added blue silk organza ribbon and Voila! A ribbon hat that suits Kelly very well. The shirt is a coincidence, btw, it just happened to be the one she was wearing when I brought her the hat.


Great pattern, Bec!

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Once the ribbon was added, it comes together perfectly! It's amazing how the little things can make something fabulous. Great job!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

You're right - the ribbon really improved it! I love your ink, btw...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home