Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Veritable Rainbow of Thready Goodness!



Monaco Thread

Despite the fact that I live in a metropolitan area populated with oodles of crafty knitters and crocheters, I cannot find crochet thread anywhere. Well, that's not exactly true. I can find plenty of medicore quality, white or ecru in size 10. Apparently there's lot of people doing doilies out there. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, yarngirl!)

What's a color-lovin' girl to do?

Well, THIS one ordered some yummy Monaco thread from Jackie at Crochetville. Her well packaged, reasonably priced box of goodness came last Friday from the Phillippines. I'm so thrilled!

I have lots of plans for these beauties - I'm going to make some minature Pooh and Strawberry Shortcake dolls to be friends with Soph's Polly Pockets. (Well, maybe the Groovy Girls since this thread is size 10). I'm also going to do some bookmarks for the bookmark swap. Maybe a few surprises as well!

I have a lot on my hooks right now but did manage to squeeze in a couple of "test" bookmarks over the weekend. I made a Norwegian Filigree bookmark in purple ombre and a pineapple in the orange/rust ombre. I don't really care for the pineapple, but Sophie does, so it's now hers.

Sadly, I misjudged the Eeyore colors - too purple. Oh well...I guess I'll just have to place another! Jackie? Jackie?
Purple Bookmark Ugly bookmark

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Ooooooh, I got some of that (well, a whole freakin' box of it) from Jackie too! Did you not have a total yarngasm (to use Deneen's terminology) when you opened the box? And why oh why can we not find good thread in the big city? I don't get that one either.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

LOL - mine's still out, too, yarngirl, but mostly from lack o' space!

Um, LL, I think that'd be THREADgasm?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger sara said...

It is so beautiful! *sniff* I think I'm gonna cry...

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger emy said...

Wow, those crochet thread looks really gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home