Sunday, June 19, 2005

It was all a Buttercream Blur, Part I

(No crochet content in this post!)

So I spent most of my weekend making cupcakes. FOURTEEN (14) dozen cupcakes, to be exact, plus a 7" 2-layer chocolate cake as well. Crazy! You say.

I agree!

The first 8 dozen cupcakes were for Drew and Terra's wedding, which was held in Nathan and Adam's back yard. 4 dozen champagne cupcakes with white icing and 4 dozen chocolate with chocolate icing. Since there was no "wedding color" I just put a little flower on each, with glitter, of course (it was ME doing the decorating!).
DSC02308.JPG DSC02309.JPG

Nathan and I picked out this cheesy stryofoam cupcake tree, which I covered with florist foil to gussy it up a little. Sadly, it wouldn't support my shiny silver chocolate cake for the bride and groom, so I had to put it off to the side. I folded some of the florist's foil to lay on top of the cake and added some cut flowers for decoration. I added extra to cover the pre-wedding boo boo inflicted by the groom (without his knowledge of course!).
Cnv0486.jpg Cnv0494.jpg Cnv0488.jpg Cnv0495.jpg
I left before the wedding so hopefully nothing melted before the guests got to it!

Check out the carnage! My dining room and kitchen are completely covered in powdered sugar, buttercream and sparkles!
DSC02302.JPG DSC02303.JPG

Part II to come...Smile!

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger sara said...

yum! But not easy to look at when you are trying to lose weight! :-)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

That cake is sooooo scifi girl! I love that!!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jana said...

hi celeste! i am a cupcake addict myself! i use the wilton cupcake 'tree' from michaels. it was $50cad at michaels but i used my 40% coupon of course! it works great! love the silver cake!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home