Thursday, July 28, 2005

I Guess I Have a FEW FOs...

Tis finally summer in Seattle. Summer here, for those of you who don't know, is a 4-6 week period beginning the second week of July. And I'm telling you, we are weenies!

As my mother likes to say, we don't tan, we mildew. When it gets to be in the upper 70s (or 80s!), we complain and flock to the nearest beach/movie theater/mall for the chance to cool down in air conditioned bliss.

I must admit that I, too, have succumbed to the Weather Weenie phenomenon. I'm not proud.

I can remember moving here from South Dakota and laughing heartily when the Seattle Police Department held a news conference because the weather forecast suggested it could get to (gasp) NINETY degrees and therefore Seattle residents should remain indoors, stay hydrated and check on their elderly neighbors.

Like I said, weenies!

Anyway, I digress. My point is it's hot. Not Phoenix hot, or Chicago hot, but Seattle hot. Not crocheting weather, really, which is why you haven't seen a lot of FOs (finished objects) lately.

Harry Potter Bookmark
Furry Flip-Flops


I have done a few things, though, so I guess I'll share:

These are the bookmarks I sent in to the Crochetville Bookmark Swap. I should be receiving 5 in return very soon. I can't wait to see what I get!

Speaking of bookmarks, I made a few Gryffindoor scarf bookmarks prior to the release of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" using embroidery floss. Here's one of them.

Also, I made a pair of furry flip flops for little Haley. Jessica, if you're reading this, avert your eyes!

2 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I'll admidt to being a weenie here in Brussels - gets into the 80s and I whine, moan, complaign....I dealt with hotter weather in Mich & Chicago in May, yet I whine all the more....with the cold now too - gets to 30 and OMG! Stay in - you'll FREEZE if you go out...And to think I used to wear skirts to school all winter long and stand out at the bus stop.....

Great bookmarks btw - love the Haryy Potter one!!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Aw, I love the idea of the Harry Potter scarf bookmarks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home