Thursday, May 05, 2005

Quick - appreciate, appreciate!

I got a call last night (Wednesday) at 9:00 p.m. to inform me that it is Teacher Appreciation Week and since I'm room parent for two classes, I needed to bring in a latte or some such for the teachers on Thursday morning, as well as come up with other little treats.

Yikes!! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about appreciating the teachers, but a little heads up, people!? AND, to make matters worse, I was already staying up late trying to get my Mother's Day project finished. What's a girl to do?


Java Jackets
Originally uploaded by csabers.
Java Jackets

Well, I woke up early this morning and made these Java Jackets to go with their coffee drinks. Since today is Cinco de Mayo I got them Mexican mochas, which have cinnamon and cayenne in them (really yummy!) I had the kids write cute little notes and I tucked them in between the jackets and the cup so they'll see them when they take them off.

I'm eagerly awaiting Celeste appreciation day!

4 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger sara said...

I appreciate you Celeste! I'm a teacher and I know I would be very happy to have a parent like you around. But I agree, you didn't get much of a heads up. Thanks for showing your java wraps. My daughter and I go to Starbuck's every Friday and I plan to try and whip out a couple of these tomorrow for the two of us.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

Thank you, Sara! :) I'd love to see your java jackets when you finish.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Janet Richards said...

What a creative and great idea!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

wonderful giftee!!! i totally flaked out on teacher appreciation this year.... but we'll have her again in 2 years, i'll double up then :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home