Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bunting?


bunting bikini
Originally uploaded by csabers.


This is a bikini I made for my uber-fit boss for her 40th birthday. She has a swimming pool at her house and a new boyfriend, so I thought this would be fitting. I haven't seen her in it, but she said it fits well.

She's agreed to be my model for future bikinis. I am designing some brazilian-style bikinis to consign at a boutique in Fremont. I'm trying to copy some of the looks from this site.

I jokingly refer to this one as "bunting" since the scalloped ridge below the boobs look like the bunting they hang out for opening day at baseball games! :)

This particular bikini is my second. The first, which I made for my friend Julie's trip to Costa Rica was very different. The cups were simple triangles as opposed to the shaped cups you see here, and the bottom was very (VERY) low slung. I opted for a french cut bottom for this suit.

I did get to see the first one I made on Julie before her trip - she looked great! She didn't get it wet, though. I'm eager to hear how it wears.

I've got the bottoms done on a suit I'm making for Sophie. I haven't figured out a top yet.

Next a tankini!

6 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Birth Express said...

WOW, if I could only dream about fitting into one of those. Great job!!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Leah, thank you for your comment! Yours is the first comment I've received on my first blog. Special! Thanks! :)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh! Very, very nice! I love it. Fantastic job.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

That is so nice. Great job! What yarn did you use.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

Thanks! I used Espirit Sock it to Me yarn, which is a cotton yarn with a little bit of elastic to help it stay on!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home